- A staff member will call a day or two before your surgery to give you instructions as well as address any questions you may have. If you have not been contacted 24 hours before you surgery please call us at (954) 703-6559.
- Notify your surgeon prior to arrival at the Center if there is any change in your physical condition such as fever or cold.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery unless instructed otherwise by your physician. You may brush your teeth, but please do not use mints, chewing gum or tobacco. Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your surgery.
- Do not take any medications after midnight unless instructed by your physician. You may take blood pressure or heart medication the morning of your surgery with a small sip of water as directed by your physician.
Day of Surgery:
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled arrival time provided to you by your physician’s office or our nurse the day before.
- A parent or legal guardian must be present to sign consent forms if the patient is a minor, and must stay in the facility throughout the procedure.
- Remove all make-up, contact lenses and body jewelry. Do not use lotions or oils on the day of surgery.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Bring your payment, insurance cards and ID on the day of surgery.
- You will stay in the post-operative area until you are in stable condition. For many outpatient procedures this takes 45 minutes to an hour. Once awake, patients will be reunited with family and friends.
- The nursing staff will go over your discharge instructions and you will be given a written copy to take home. Be sure to follow your doctor’s orders regarding diet, rest, medication and activity.
- A nurse from our facility will phone you within a few days after your surgery to see how you are and to answer any questions.
- If you have received anesthesia, do not drive a car, smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, operate heavy machinery or cook within 24 hours after surgery.
- If you have questions or problems after surgery please contact your physician.